More Top Ten Things Christ will Never Say Part III
10. “I really want my people to focus more on themselves and the things they love more than me. I want them to put their heart’s desires over me.” Luke 12:34 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
9. “I’m never going there again, Dad!” Luke 21:27 “At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.”
8. “We just opened a new wing in Heaven. We have the lowest prices and standards! Everyone welcomed!” Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”
7. “Hey, Don’t I know you? I’m pretty sure I saw you on the Jerusalem Express Lane. Matthew 7:22-23 “Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”
6. “I’m so glad the churches are filled with volunteers who are serving the Kingdom. Matthew 9:37 "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.”
5. “I’m okay if you love others more than me.” Matthew 10:37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
4. “I believe I’m too tired and busy to accept anyone else in the Kingdom. Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
3. “Who am I, Santa? Get these little kids away from me!” Mark 10:14-15 "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
2. “Follow my teachings because, I’m the Man, Teacher of the Year 33 AD” John 7:16 "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.”
1. “I sure can’t wait until December 2012!” Mark 13:32-33 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.”